Plan of action
I posted my 2011 resolutions the other day. Believe it or not, I have developed a plan of action for some of them. I\’m reposting the resolutions below along with my plan for accomplishing those goals. The words in RED are my plan of action.
1. Lose weight. I think 15 pounds would be doable and would help A LOT! Twenty five would be awesome, but who am I kidding? I joined Weight Watchers online, set a preliminary goal, and made a menu plan for the week that allows me to eat good foods and stay on plan at the same time. Next step…figure out when I can go to the gym.
2. Get organized. I can\’t make this one more specific. Any improvement in this area would be welcome. It seems to me that this whole exercise in goal setting and action plan designing speaks to this resolution.
3.Sell a crocheted item or two, or more! I am going to continue making hats and perhaps set up an Etsy.com shop in the fall.
4.Cook four nights a week, and cook different things! See #1. This week we\’ll have split pea soup with ham, ranchburger sliders and twice baked potatoes, Hawaiian chicken kabobs, turkey chili, and garlic-wine tilapia.
5. Read 25 books this year, and document them on this blog. I have a list of books I want to read, and I plan to read two books a month, plus a bonus one in the summer. Each month, I\’ll read one book of literary merit and one that is more fun. This month\’s books are Maid for Murder by Barbara Colley and Tess of the D\’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy 6. Blog twice weekly. DONE! Well, for this week anyway.
7. Attend a genealogy workshop. Summer, perhaps?
8. Memorize scripture. I think a verse a week is doable. I really think two a week would be doable. I am going to aim for memorizing this list of verses, starting from the top and working down.
9. Do something different. Try new things. Zumba, pottery, Bunco, wool spinning…just a few of the things I\’d like to try. They are all \”fun\” things, so why not? I don\’t have a plan for this. Yet. I think I have enough on my plate for this week. I have ideas.
10. Get back on the Financial Peace train. I think it ran me over during the holidays. 🙂 I will admit that I don\’t have a plan here either. Next week???
I really feel like the fact that I\’ve developed a real plan for most of these, and a timeline for a plan for the rest, that there is a strong likelihood that these things will occur. At any rate, I\’ve come farther than I did in past years!
How are resolutions shaping up?